Tobacco is one of the most addictive substances out there. Congratulations for deciding to quit! Whether it’s smoking, vaping or chewing, there are many resources to help you to becoming tobacco-free. Resources such as telephone counseling and text-based chats are available to help support you in your journey and to help you support someone who would like to quit.
Quitting has immediate and long-term benefits
Quitlines can help you quit tobacco for good
Highly trained counselors at the CA Smokers' Helpline can help you develop a quitting plan that’s right for you. Services are available in multiple languages and special services are available for tobacco chewers, pregnant smokers, teens, and vape users. Cessation counseling is also available in Spanish and in Asian languages through the Asian Smokers' Quitline .
Medications with cessation support is most effective
- You Can Quit Now CDC Infographic
- Quit Tobacco Medications Kaiser Permanente Video
- Learn About Quit Smoking Medicines CDC
- Local Tobacco Cessation Resources in Alameda County
- Quit Smoking Group and Resources for African American Community Amplify!
- Checklist Before You Quit Smoking CA Smokers' Helpline
- Freedom from Tobacco Podcast LifeLong Medical Care
- Tools and Tips to Help You Quit National Cancer Institute
- Chinese Language Quitline 1-800-838-8917
- Korean Language Quitline 1-800-556-5564
- Vietnamese Language Quitline 1-800-778-8440